Thriving practice looking for dedicated and passionate psychologists
Are you looking for a fresh change and want to be valued for your clinical skills?
Do you want flexible hours, excellent remuneration and PD opportunities to suit your personal and clinical needs?
Would you like to surround yourself with experienced, intelligent, dynamic, and client-focused colleagues who value making a difference in people’s lives, working as a team, learning through shared knowledge and experiences, focused professional development, and work-life balance?
If yes, Strategic Psychology is the perfect place for you! 👌
Located in the heart of Canberra, Strategic Psychology is a private practice centered around providing the highest quality of therapy and client care. Established in 2009, Strategic Psychology is now home to 27 brand new purpose-built consulting rooms, a large ‘Marshmallow Room’ (our breakout room named after the Marshmallow experiment), and a warm and comfortable waiting area for clients.
Our motto is ‘Good People Looking After Good People’. We are a forward-thinking, innovative, and enthusiastic group who think about the little things in therapy, which add up to big differences for our clients.
Our philosophy is for you, the psychologist, to work with your preferred client group/s because we believe this results in the best outcomes for clients and happy psychologists. Work to your strengths and choose the type of clients you would like to work with.
Our vision and plan:
Strategic Psychology is expanding. We are one of the largest practices in Canberra and growing fast. In the next 3 to 5 years, Strategic Psychology will be expanding as we grow our practice in the CBD and explore options for Woden, Belconnen, Tuggeranong, and Gungahlin. We see ourselves as leaders in the industry who are setting the benchmark for others to follow. We invest in our people and our work environment to provide the best space for therapy to be effective.
Full-time and part-time employee positions available
Positions for psychologists ranging from early career to senior with an interest in all or any of the following:
- Children and adolescents counselling
- Couples/relationship counselling
- Adults and older persons counselling
- Assessments for children, adolescents and adults
What Strategic Psychology can offer you:
- Remuneration: We offer excellent employee salary packages with all Fairwork entitlements and benefits – superannuation, annual leave, personal leave, carers leave, annual budget for PD, monthly individual and group supervision, monthly PD training, social team outings (breakfasts, lunches, drinks) and more
- Flexible work hours: Full-time and part-time positions available. We understand that in today’s busy world job flexibility is important and we encourage our staff to choose their preferred work hours.
- Experienced team: Strategic Psychology has an experienced team of psychologists and administrative staff working together to achieve the highest quality of care for clients. We also enjoy having regular team meetings, breakfasts, lunches, and social drinks. Our colleagues are more like friends.
- Modern consulting rooms: Our interior designers have gone to immense detail to create warm, comfortable, and inviting spaces for staff and clients to enjoy. We are very proud of the comforting environment we have been able to create.
- Professional development: Strategic Psychology has a generous annual professional development program for attending workshops and continual learning to ensure all employees are keeping up to date with the latest research and best practice approaches. In addition, enjoy monthly PD training with the whole team totaling 12 hours annually.
- Supervision: Individual and group supervision are provided on a fortnightly basis. This is one of the joys of being part of a large practice with such a diverse range of clinicians, skill sets, interests, and levels of experience.
- Full administrative support: Strategic Psychology has reception staff and a practice manager who support the team of psychologists with booking and rescheduling appointments, taking payments, preparing client files, and much more. We are proud to also be leaders in using automated systems and technology to make every client interaction with us smooth and seamless.
We are looking for psychologists who:
- Have a passion for practising psychology
- Are reliable and have a mature approach to servicing clients and referring parties
- Can work autonomously while being part of a clinical team
- Are looking to learn
- Able to be open, vulnerable and reflective in their therapy
- Want to be part of a warm and encouraging team
How to apply:
If you’re interested in any of the available positions, please complete our short 2-minute questionnaire: